WWE, known for its isolation from the wider wrestling world, may be breaking its boundaries by seeking outside talent for the Royal Rumble. In the past, they have collaborated with other promotions such as NJPW, and recently, Triple H’s regime has explored inter-promotional involvement through wrestlers like Shinsuke Nakamura and Charlie Dempsey’s excursions to Japan for Pro Wrestling NOAH and All Japan Pro Wrestling.
According to Fightful Select, WWE has reached out to various companies to potentially utilize their talent in the upcoming Royal Rumble. This move comes after their recent partnership with All Japan Pro Wrestling during Dempsey’s time there, where he had the opportunity to challenge for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship.
This endeavor is not the first step WWE has taken towards working with other promotions, specifically in Japan. Wrestling Inc. reported that a third-party consultant, Simon Inoki, son-in-law of Antonio Inoki, had initially brokered the deal for Dempsey’s appearance in AJPW. While there was initial uncertainty from AJPW about working with WWE, the discussions around the possibility of Katsuhiko Nakajima, the Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion, making a return excursion to WWE showed interest, albeit with reservations.
This shift in WWE’s approach demonstrates a willingness to step out of their comfort zone and collaborate with other promotions on a larger scale. Fans can eagerly anticipate the excitement and surprises that may arise from this cross-promotional opportunity.
For all the latest updates on the WWE Royal Rumble, including live coverage of the event, stay tuned to Wrestling Inc. throughout the weekend.
Q: What is WWE’s approach towards working with other promotions?
A: WWE is now showing a willingness to collaborate with other promotions on a larger scale.
Q: Has WWE worked with other promotions in the past?
A: Yes, WWE has collaborated with promotions such as NJPW in the past.
Q: Who are some examples of wrestlers involved in inter-promotional involvement?
A: Wrestlers like Shinsuke Nakamura and Charlie Dempsey have had excursions to Japan for Pro Wrestling NOAH and All Japan Pro Wrestling.
Q: What recent partnership did WWE have with All Japan Pro Wrestling?
A: WWE recently partnered with All Japan Pro Wrestling during Charlie Dempsey’s time there.
Q: What opportunities did Dempsey have in All Japan Pro Wrestling?
A: Dempsey had the opportunity to challenge for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship.
– WWE: World Wrestling Entertainment, a professional wrestling promotion.
– Royal Rumble: An annual WWE event where 30 wrestlers compete in a battle royal match.
– NJPW: New Japan Pro-Wrestling, a major professional wrestling promotion in Japan.
– Shinsuke Nakamura: A Japanese professional wrestler who has worked for both NJPW and WWE.
– Charlie Dempsey: A wrestler who has had excursions to Japan for Pro Wrestling NOAH and All Japan Pro Wrestling.
– Excursion: A term used in professional wrestling when a wrestler goes to another promotion for a specific period of time.
– Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship: A championship title in All Japan Pro Wrestling.
– Third-party consultant: A person who acts as a mediator or negotiator between two parties.
– Simon Inoki: A third-party consultant who helped broker the deal between Dempsey and AJPW.
– Antonio Inoki: A former professional wrestler and promoter, and father-in-law of Simon Inoki.
– Katsuhiko Nakajima: The Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion in AJPW.
Suggested Related Links: