Sweetwater Investment Management, a private equity secondaries specialist, has recently announced exciting leadership promotions and new hires following a groundbreaking capital raise of $505 million for Sweetwater Private Equity III. These developments mark an important milestone for the firm as it continues to thrive in a disruptive market.
The promotions include Matthew Kelsay and Hahn Lin, who have been promoted to partners, along with Brianna Boretto as Vice President, Matthew Harris as Controller, and Amber Andrews as Senior Analyst. These individuals bring a wealth of expertise and talent to the team, further strengthening Sweetwater’s position in the industry.
In addition to the promotions, Sweetwater has also welcomed key hires, including Ali Hawkins-Pfitzenmaier as Vice President, Mack Moran as Senior Associate, Gabe Willes and Stephan Beauge as Analysts. These new additions to the investment team enhance the firm’s ability to craft innovative liquidity solutions that cater to the unique needs of General Partners.
The year 2023 was a remarkable one for Sweetwater, characterized by significant achievements and recognition. The firm received the prestigious “Best Performance: Emerging Manager of the Year” award from PE Wire 2023, underscoring its outstanding performance in the industry. Sweetwater also closed its third flagship fund with record commitments, surpassed $1 billion of regulatory AUM, and executed its 100th secondary transaction. These milestones are a testament to the unwavering dedication and leadership provided by the investment team.
Sweetwater Private Equity specializes in secondary investments, with a focus on venture capital, growth equity, and small buyout opportunities in the healthcare, technology, and consumer sectors. The firm stands out as a leader in buyer-led direct and fund restructure secondary transactions, where the buyer plays a central role in the asset selection and fund restructure process.
As Sweetwater continues to expand and succeed, it remains committed to delivering exceptional results and maintaining its position as a prominent player in the private equity industry. The achievements of the past year serve as a testament to the firm’s ongoing commitment to excellence in investment management.
1. What recent developments has Sweetwater Investment Management announced?
Sweetwater Investment Management has recently announced leadership promotions and new hires following a capital raise of $505 million for Sweetwater Private Equity III.
2. Who are the individuals that have been promoted?
Matthew Kelsay and Hahn Lin have been promoted to partners, Brianna Boretto as Vice President, Matthew Harris as Controller, and Amber Andrews as Senior Analyst.
3. Who are the key hires that Sweetwater has welcomed?
Sweetwater has welcomed Ali Hawkins-Pfitzenmaier as Vice President, Mack Moran as Senior Associate, Gabe Willes, and Stephan Beauge as Analysts.
4. What achievements did Sweetwater have in 2023?
In 2023, Sweetwater received the “Best Performance: Emerging Manager of the Year” award from PE Wire 2023 and closed its third flagship fund with record commitments. They also surpassed $1 billion of regulatory AUM and executed their 100th secondary transaction.
5. What sectors does Sweetwater specialize in?
Sweetwater specializes in secondary investments in the healthcare, technology, and consumer sectors, with a focus on venture capital, growth equity, and small buyout opportunities.
– Private equity: Private equity refers to investments made in private companies that are not publicly traded on a stock exchange. It involves investors providing capital to help these companies grow and achieve their strategic objectives.
– Secondaries: Secondaries refer to the buying and selling of existing investments in private equity funds or companies.
– General Partners: General partners are the managing partners of a private equity fund who are responsible for the fund’s investment decisions and operations.
– AUM: AUM stands for Assets Under Management, which refers to the total market value of assets that an investment firm or fund manages on behalf of its clients.
Suggested Related Links: